The following list of songs represents what I consider to be prime examples of the antithesis of a timeless classic. I don’t intentionally mean to disparage any of these artists or their work, these are merely my honest knee-jerk reactions triggered whenever I hear these particular songs. Music is very subjective, therefore; I realize these are only my opinions, which should be taken with a grain of salt and are not any more or less valid than anyone else’s. I’ve compiled this list primarily for my own entertainment and amusement.
The artists included on the list are some of my favorites as well as some which are not, but I’ll leave that for you decipher which ones are which.
10) Peter Cetera: “Glory of Love”
8) Toni Braxton: “Un-break My Heart”
5) Lee Greenwood: “God Bless the USA”
4) Whitney Houston: “The Greatest Love of All”
3) Bob Carlisle: “Butterfly Kisses”
2) Taylor Swift “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”
1) Matthew Wilder: “Break My Stride”
To read my explanations why I chose each selection on my list, please click here